9.18.2006

bella is cute. trent is sweet.

I have had a hard time figuring out how to start blogging again. I figure I'll go with my kids because that's easy.

bella is cute. she's very interested in being polite, saying please and thank you and you're welcome often. the other day, she set her water cup on the table and said to the cup, "you're welcome!" she's not been sleeping too well, though, unfortunately. we're managing.

trent was challenging this weekend. friday was a bad day. he asked to go to a friend's house after school and I said yes on the condition that he have his phone in his pocket. for a frantic hour, I couldn't get ahold of him. I didn't know where the friend lived and trent wasn't answering his phone. brett finally picked him up (as he knew where the friend lived) and now trent is grounded. his excuse? I forgot.

that's all.

4 validations:

Kathryn said...

glad you're back! I was grounded for that exact thing more times than I care to remember. Except it wasn't a cell phone, it was forgetting to call when I got there.

NME said...

Sleep issues. Always with the sleep issues. Do they ever NOT have sleep issues?

Well I bet Trent is sleeping well these days.

Kodi said...

I can't even count how many times Kiri has been in trouble for that exact same thing. TEENAGERS!
Are you still coming to visit this month?

OMH said...

I raised mine in the pager age....I cannot recount how many times a battery "died" or "must have fallen out" with my oldest. I know how scary it is! Might work next time (after he's ungrounded & if it happens again) to state "yes, you can go to your friends, but I have to walk you there and pick you up like I do Bella. Since you cannot be trusted to remember your phone. (It worked well with my eldest - actually it was more of a you can go to the bowling alley but since batteries tend to fall out I will go with you and follow you around all night just in case I need to pick up the battery for you :) - She declined but did get better about not ignoring the pages.)

I really think the cup was rude not to say "Thank You" to little missie - maybe her "Your Welcome" will help remind the cup in the future to use it's manners. (that is sweet!)