8.02.2006

the 7th day adventists say "I'm glad you were born"

okay. you know how when chat rooms first started, and people would totally fall in love over chat and people would make fun of them? well that's never really gone away. if you tell someone you met your new boyfriend on the internet, people just assume that you're destined for failure.

the same holds true for friends you make online. I think it's ~a~ that calls us blog friends "fake friends" because the dynamic is odd, as much as I hate to say it.

but that doesn't mean that the friends I've made through blogging are any less important to me than my "real" friends. and that brings me to missuz j.

nicole found her blog. so she started commenting on nicole's and then I was like, who is this person? then I started reading her. faithfully. and then emailing her. and telling her all kinds of things about my life, and she reciprocated. and then I met her sisters via blog. and then we timidly asked each other if, when I was out to vegas, we wanted to meet, both of us thinking the other would find them nuts. and then we all met. and then we emailed more. and chatted. and now, I am in the midst of scheduling a trip to utah to stay with her as my own personal vacation.

happy birthday, boobecca - the fact that I met you on the interweb doesn't mean that I don't consider you a true, real, close friend.

3 validations:

Missuz J said...

So glad you let the trip out of the bag. Now it's officially official!

Can't really say what I want to without sounding like a Hallmark card, but you are as real a friend as I've ever had, and my life is richer for knowing you.

~A~ said...

Hey, fake online friends are some of the best friends in the universe.

Many of them know me better than the real life friends I have. Well, that doesn't hold much true anymore since I've actually let in a couple real life friends. But still. Fake online friends rock.

Have a most wonderful trip when you take it and I expect lots of pictures to be posted. In fact maybe I'll crash the party with a phone call so I won't be so fake either.

OMH said...

Yo Patrice where be you!!!!

(Hey I'm trying to sound young since some of your readers think of you a middle aged - I must be sliding down the hill to the bottom fast :).)

Missing you my fake friend!