6.05.2006

hi.

I...well I wish I could say things are going so well that I don't have time to post. but unfortunately, that isn't entirely true. nobody is sick or hurt or anything, it's just grownup stupid bullshit.

bella is doing excellent. she's been singing her abc's in an endless loop. in fact, the other day, she was walking in a circle around one of our chairs, singing abc's, for 10 minutes. she was stuck here: eminemoh pee, koo r esh, tee you vee, double you esh, eh ah no mah -- eminemoh pee, koo r esh...

she's such a joy to have around and I thank the gods for her every day. if things happen for a reason, which I think they do, I was meant to be this little girl's mother and she was meant to be born to sean and I and just meant to be, period. I love her and trent so much sometimes I can't even stand it.

I managed to get her on video this weekend coloring and naming the colors. she's having some trouble with blue and red, but she's got yellow down pat (of course) and green and pink are her next favorites. I should have kept the tape running because she then proceeded to read a picture board book and name every single thing in it, including boy and girl and orange and apple (which are confusing) - and we'd only read that book maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 2 months. she's an impressive little girl.

we also went to the nearby playground where she totally tested boundaries by trying to go down the slides I specifically told her she couldn't go down because they had puddles at the bottoms. and then she insisted on walking by herself, in the street. I carried her tantrum-ing body back to home where she wanted to play with the neighbor's pit bull. so that part wasn't so fun.

I don't know how many of you are left after my sporadic posting, but know that blogging is still an important part of my life. I just don't feel like I can share as much as I'd like right now.

and how are you?

7 validations:

Missuz J said...

I'm left! I'm left!

I love Bella's alphabet song.

Stupid grown-up stuff totally sucks.

OMH said...

I"m still here - even though I'm stuck on the ABC also......what comes after doubu?

Too cute - hang in there Grown up stuff SUCKS - maybe they should be handled like a kid does - that's it your not coming to my party! If you behave then you can come to my party again!

NME said...

Bella is clearly a genius. So smart - and cute, smart and fun to boot. The two of you couldn't have conceived anything less.
I love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Me too! Grown up stuff really does suck.

the beige one said...

doing a little dance
making a little love
getting down tonight

Jen said...

I am still here- anytime you post at least. I am having a hard time posting lately too. Must be something going around.

~A~ said...

Me too.

I was just thinking about you the other day.

xoxo ~A~