2.17.2006

I'm boooooored.

real bored. the friday before a long weekend is always one of the longest, dumbest days ever.

so. I read on TWoP that there's some freaky message you read if you get the book an occurrence at owl creek bridge and check the first word on pages 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42, which are the lost numbers. and I googled the hell out of that and can't find it. unfortunately, I don't have that just laying around somewhere. do any of you? it's driving me mad. oo, missuzj, you're a teacher...do you have it?

other than that....zzzzzz.

oh, you know? I think I was tagged for a [I refuse to call it meme] thingie. oh, all right.

Four jobs I've had:
legal secretary
office manager
marketing manager
busgirl at the dublin diner

Four movies I can watch over and over: (not many, by the way - these are a stretch)
clue
freddy got fingered
south park the movie
airplane

Four places I've lived: (christ - they are all in like a 5 mile radius)
hilltown, pa
perkasie, pa
hatfield, pa
lansdale, pa

Four TV shows I love:
project runway
amazing race
lost
the office

Four places I've vacationed:
canada
mexico
graceland
vegas

Four of my favorite dishes:
macaroni and cheese
wokoli, as in broccoli cooked in the wok
milkshakes
scalloped potatoes

Four sites I visit daily:
gmail
go fug yourself
strangeafeet (and all my blog peeps)
television without pity

Four places I would rather be right now:
ice skating
sleeping in a hotel room
playing with bella and trent
at the bank, cashing a $1million check

I'm off on monday, so have a great weekend and see you on teeeeuuuuuuuuuesday.

6 validations:

OMH said...

Sleeping in a HOTEL? After the last hotel room we saw pictures of your brave!

the beige one said...

if you ever find the answer to the Lost question, let me know...

Steph said...

Ooo. The Lost question is a fun mystery. I know "An Occurance..." was a short story by Bierce about a soldier about to be hung off Owl Creek Bridge. (where else?) I think the twist ending inspired the writer of the movie Brazil. You can download the story here: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/375

Missuz J said...

Sorry babe--I have no idea. I have a copy of the short story--but it's in an anthology--so the page number thing is useless.

Isn't mac and cheese the nectar of the gods? I think I'll go eat some right now.

lonna said...

I love your at the bank cashing a one million dollar check answer. And I love scalloped potatoes and milkshakes too, but made the vegan way.

Gary Daring said...

there aren't even 42 paragraphs in Owl Creek Bridge, let alone 42 pages.

so, taking the first word of paragraphs 4, 8, 15, 16 and 23, you get "The Peyton Suppose The A."

this, of course, is an anagram for "Oh, a teepee pops thy nuts." mystery solved.