1.05.2006

moving right along

we leave tomorrow. (that's for you, jen!) I am doing a little better with regards to the freaking out, and we are mostly packed. everything is packed but my stuff, actually, and the stuff that we use daily. I have an airport parking thingie picked out (which was a source of paranoia in that I have never parked for an extended period of time before and I had no idea how it worked) and we have the pets covered. I think I have learned all I can about travelling with an infant - now I just have to go ahead and do it.

we take bella back to the doctor today to see if she's getting any of the medicine (she's actually doing much better now that we have a new dropper, oddly) and if she's cleared for takeoff. tonight, I finish packing. tomorrow, I have a half day, and then I go home to pack up the car with all our stuff. sean will get home at about 3pm, and trent at 3:25, and I want to be on the road by 4pm. we have to stop at nicole's to pick up the stroller on the way, and then we need to leave ourselves a half hour or so to do the parking thingie. as you can see, I'm sort of thinking out loud here. it calms me down.

and now, xmas/new year's pictures, tiny to save space. a few notes - the guy on the couch with my dog is my mom's husband, the famed robert e. lee. we hang our stockings from the banister as we have no fireplace. everyone gets a stocking, including the pets. we go from biggest to smallest, so kitchen is at the top and sean is at the bottom. the presents under the tree are mostly for other people, but it did look full, didn't it? and the penguin picture is for lonna - bella got march of the penguins for christmas.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

7 validations:

lonna said...

I got March of the Penguins for my birthday. Shocking, huh? I love the look on Bella's face when she's playing with the measuring spoons. Yeah! Spoons!

I was freaked out the first time I used long term parking too. It's a piece of cake, although we haven't done it at Philly. We've only done it at smaller airports like Indy and Des Moines.

We'll miss you, but have a great trip. I hope that everything goes well.

MC said...

I have left my car for two weeks at Philly in the long-term parking, and the only problem was the huge-ass bill I got on my return. I love that airport, actually. It's so easy to get around!

Also, another thing that I am thinking about way before I need to is that there is no bannister and no fireplace at Bill's house. WHERE AM I GOING TO HANG THE STOCKINGS??? I guess that can wait until next year...

Marksthespot said...

Ha! The power of naked Bella cannot be contained by the puny squares holding the rest of the photos.

Oh, and Mary: The biggest cause of marriages failing in the first year is lack of agreement on Christmas stocking placement. So don't downplay the importance.

Katy said...

I love that pic of Nicole! And the Bella ones, and the you guys hanging stocking ones, aw hell, i love em all. Good luck with the travelling. Did you make your list? I always travel with lists but that's my anal mother talking...

Mary, How about the TV?

amandak said...

I heart baby butt!

Cute pics. I also love the one of Nicole, and the one of the stocking hanging, and your tree is/was lovely. Did you paint the wall by your tv? LOVE it! Have fun on your trip, if nothing else, it will be a bonding experience for the whole family.

Missuz J said...

Heya

Bella is getting SO BIG!!!

Love the one of her and Shawn sleeping.

We bought that nerf thing for E's bro's kids.

the beige one said...

Have the fun in the Vegas. Please ride the NY NY roller coaster for me, and maybe roll some craps at the Sahara, if you're around that area?

Please?

And relax, whydoncha?