12.21.2005

I blame congress

I just sat here for almost 6 minutes with my hands poised over the keyboard, staring into space, open-eyed sleeping.

last night, I put bella into bed and...

before I go on, I have to mention that I have a serious fear that talking about things makes them happen. like thinking about spilling stuff or worrying about accidentally saying "fuck" in a meeting with the boss's boss's boss, or saying "bella hasn't had a diaper blowout in a while". so I say what I'm about to say with a word to the goddesses of karma or whatev to please, don't make what I say come true. I've seen movies and read books. I'm too tired to deal with something of that nature.

so I put bella into bed and I swear to whomever that I thought she was possessed. I literally was waiting for her to levitate off the crib mattress. what the fuck.

I hope you don't think I'm saying this for comic effect, that I thought she was possessed. I really mean it. in my sleep-deprived mind, I was scared that she had a writhing demon inside of her at the time. I even mentioned it to sean when I got back into bed - an HOUR later. it was freakish and I hope it never happens again. that said, I am positive we'll have a repeat tonight.

sweet dreams.

6 validations:

Gary Daring said...

what do you mean? was she speaking in foreign languages? mocking the bible? walking on the ceiling?

the beige one said...

Well, first: >Knocking on wood<

How old's the kid? It isn't colicky season, is it?

Lastly, if it comes to it: Holy water and the phrase "The power of christ compels you!"

OMH said...

Poor baby! I wonder what was wrong - did she allow you to hold her and comfort her?

Having said that - POOR MOMMY - that's some scary moments when you have no idea what is wrong but no doubt that something is terribly - life shattering - wrong!

Here's hoping for a better night tonight.

Missuz J said...

SO sorry for Bella, but mostly for you. I'll say a prayer to the goddess of sleeping babies for you.

Kathryn said...

Oh no, that sounds awful. Here's to a good nights sleep tonight for all of yous guys.

lonna said...

I hope that things go better tonight. I can't stand when Dermot has trouble sleeping and I don't know why. To me it's been one of the most frustrating aspects of parenting. I really hope that she, and therefore you two, has a peaceful night tonight.

By the way I think it's catching over the internet. Dermot went to bed a whole hour later than usual tonight. I just let him stay up, though. I wasn't up for a fight.