11.11.2005

knock knock

it's me again.

so I was just reading other, more professional blogs. you know, by people that everyone knows? so here's my internal monologue and my "epiphany." god, I am such a fucking dork.

god. this is funny. why can't I think of shit like this? am I inadequate or are these people, like, superhuman? I wonder if these people actually talk like this. like all witty and shit. I wonder if they stutter. alot of the people who sound good on the internet are really kinda crappy in person. I bet they're crappy. what do I care if they're crappy? I wish I were that witty.

you know, [name withheld] thinks I am really funny. he laughs at me all the time. but he's kind of stupid. anything sounds witty to him.

I should hang out with [name witheld] more often.

I guess the key to sounding real smart and witty is to hang out with people who are stupider than you.


I can be such an asshole in my head.

7 validations:

Gary Daring said...

"Name withheld" is an anagram for "Handwheel Tim." Pretty clever...but you better pray old Handwheel Tim doesn't get wind of this and chop you into 1,000 pieces with his haunted ax.

Kathryn said...

According to that logic I must never, never hang out with jon. That was hilarious. More Patrice head-dialogue!!

Jen said...

More professional blogs? Ah, they don't have near as much fun as we do!

Missuz J said...

I get blog envy all the time--but then again, I'm a quivering pile of insecurity.

MC said...

At least you blog! I seem to find plenty of time to read all these other blogs (and, BTW, experience mucho blog envy), but when I sit down to the blog, the words won't come! Or if they do, they are all about pissing and moaning because I am so busy and stressed and have so much to do...and THAT'S not fun to read! Anyway, I love your blog!!!!!

lonna said...

I always feel like my writing is lame too, regardless of what forum I am in. My best friend in college told me that my letters to him were boring because I just told what happened, and I have lived with that guilt ever since.

Katy said...

Uhm, I thought we were "famous" bloggers. Our little cirlce of friends sure seems to like us, and quite frankly that's enough for me. You're right about people who sound really cool on the internet being total creepies in real life though. You make me laugh out loud regularly.