11.30.2005

and I leave all my precious jewels to nicole

I used to get sick all the time. I had lots of ear infections as a little kid, resulting in 2 sets of tubes. I had strep throat at least 2 or 3 times a winter until I got my tonsils out when I was in my mid 20s. but since then, I only feel ill maybe once a year. (not counting morning sickness.)

because I have to do my presentation on friday, and because I just had a 5 day weekend and anyone who takes off after a 5 day weekend is suspect, of COURSE I got sick yesterday. it started in the morning after feeling a twinge of nausea. it progressed through the day, but I had lunch anyway. ravioli and asparagus. I didn't think I'd make it till the end of the day, but I did. I got home and had some leftover oyster crackers from nicole's visit. then it really hit me.

here's the TMI moment. oyster crackers, ravioli, aspargus, all in a bowl on my lap since the toilet bowl was, shall we say, otherwise occupied.

I hate being sick.

I slept on the couch for most of the night, but went upstairs when I thought I heard bella cry. I put her in bed with me when she did wake up and I woke myself up later drenched in sweat. I went back downstairs and watched murder she wrote while softly moaning and quelling the nausea.

I couldn't take today off because, duh, presentation. so I dragged myself in at noon to finish it, and it's finished. but I am having a hard time staying, since the nausea has diminished somewhat but the bug has moved to the lower GI. IF you know what I mean.

oh, the fates...they are mischievious little pixies, aren't they?

pukingly yours...

(thank me, because originally it was "excrementally yours")

7 validations:

OMH said...

I was at my doctor's office today & he has 9 patience in the Hospital with the deadly stomack flu going around so don't let yourself get dehydrated!!!!!

Hope you feel better soon and everyone in your office that you dislike catches it :).

the beige one said...

Sweat it out, kid. I mean, the bug, not the GI stuff....uhm.

Anyway, that's what works for me.

lonna said...

Great timing for a sickness. It's like our bodies know sometimes. I have always hated the "sick" bowl way of dealing with sickness. We had to do that last time because we were both sick and I just didn't have the energy to make it to the bathroom. Oh, so bad.

I hope that things get better soon.

Froggylady said...

Hope you feel better quickly! YAY on the presentation being done.

NME said...

Ohhh GOD. So sorry you are feeling so ill. I hope it passes quickly. In fact I hope it's already long gone.

Missuz J said...

Oh fuckity-fuck-o-rama! So sorry to hear this news! I'll say a prayer to the goddess of sick mommies with presentations to do for you.

amandak said...

Crapola. That sucks. At least the presentation is done? Good luck, and may the evil germs flee in the face of your overwhelming goodness and grace. Over the top? Oh well. Get better soon.