11.09.2005

666ers

not much is going on lately. I need to have an armectomy because I am not ergonomic enough. I seem to be developing something painful with my mouse arm. it's not my wrist per se, it's more of a forearm thing. I don't know. it hurts though. why don't they make mind control mice?

bella's been doing well. slowly, her top teeth are coming in. she's going to look so different with little chiclets up top. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I imagine I'll feel this way when I finally realize that she's growing hair on her head. whenever that'll be. I'll be looking at my little baby and realizing she's a big girl when she finally grows hair on her head at age 15.

trent once again procrastinated on a project, but he got it done in time for today's class. it's a model of an animal cell. I tried to stay out of it and let him sink or swim, but I found myself running to the craft store for extra long straight pins and helping to perfect the golgi apparatus and sawing a gumball in half to make the nucleolus. kids are nuts.

sean's even doing well, though he's constantly upset about his weight. while I want to support him, I can't go back to counting weight watcher points. wait, didn't we have this discussion already? I think we did. my latest attempt to help was to hide all the halloween candy. they'll never find it.

I'm doing okay, though I feel myself slipping into PMS zone. the depression only lasts for a week to 10 days per month (which, by the way, is 1/3 of the month) but it gets pretty intense and I am already feeling tired and hopeless about it. and bella shows no signs of wanting to wean - conversely, she now grabs at my shirt when I get home as if she's been deprived of physical contact her whole life and it all comes down to the moment that I whip it out. so any medicine that could help is going to have to wait.

we're all going to the philadelphia 76ers game tonight at the FU center. (it hasn't been the first union, aka FU, center in a while, but what is better for philly sports than a big FU?) my company has box seats and our whole department is going and taking kids and spouses and whatnot. it should be fun. free food. free drink. people ogling my kids. and I hear there's a basketball game too.

so yeah. arm falling off, depression, animal cells, teeth, dieting and FU. that sums it up nicely.

7 validations:

OMH said...

Sounds like "FU"ing it will be fun. Remember that Bella will grow hair & will wean and you will miss it! But I also remember thinking my BODY was not my own when mine were little. Hang in there - remember that PMS passes someday (mine with a Hysterectomy and believe me I don't miss it one bit) Now when I am the wicked witch of the west it's because I have GOOD reasons!

NME said...

Can you come hide my Halloween candy? And all the cheese, soda and potato chips left over from the damn party.

Noah wants to nurse MORE lately. Luckily for me he totally associates nursing with the boppy so he only gets frantic when he sees it. He tries to drag it across the floor, whining. And the past three mornings he cried and cried when I wouldn't nurse him FOREVER. Thank God I threw all the pacifiers out or else I'd be trying to shove one of them in there. And he's not fond of cows milk.

We may have to nurse until they are ready to drink beer.

Kathryn said...

FU, ha! I'm sorry you're feeling down. Maybe the social interaction will pick you up a bit?

Jen said...

Have you ever tried or thought of trying Depo-Provera injections (birth control)? Only one shot every three months and no periods or PMS. It is Heaven, if you ask me.

lonna said...

I hope that you all have a good time at the game. It sounds like fun. Sorry about the PMS. My period decided to disappear again, so I don't know what's going on, but when it comes back, I will be a total basket case and it will hurt like the dickens. Ah, the joys of PCOS. Anyway, as for weaning, it sounds like if you want it to happen it's going to be up to you. You might also try to limit her nursing sessions. I don't know, I haven't personally tried anything. I do know that if you decide to wean that you need to do it slowly so that you don't get mastitis. I think that the suggestion is to drop one feeding every week until they are all gone or until you are comfortable with how many. For example, some women after a year are able to just nurse once a day for a long time. Your body adjusts and once you no longer need to pump there's not so much worry about how much you are producing.

I wonder if the mini-pill (progestin only) helps with PMS. I know that it's safe while nursing. Some women have reduced output at the pump with it, and you have to take at the exact same time every day or it will lose it's effectiveness as birth control, but it might help. I haven't had to worry about supply since Dermot turned one. That's the beauty of nursing a toddler. They no longer need the nutrition since they are getting most of their calories from food and milk, but they still like it. I am glad that Dermot gets all of the antibodies since he's in day care. I think that Dermot would still nurse even if I had low supply because he likes the comfort of nursing.

MC said...

Maybe you have tennis elbow...if you bend your wrist down, does the muscle at the top of your forearm hurt? I used to get that from playing racquetball (in my younger and more active days). It's basically tendinitis...I recommend Advil.

PS - Totally not a healthcare professional yet...just what has worked for me in the past with similar pain.

Missuz J said...

I totally get mouse arm. I borrowed my mom's carpel tunnel brace and it really helped.

Hang in there as best you can. You are such an incredibly cool person. I hate to think of you being so sad.