9.09.2005

hi. remember me?

slacker!!!

this has been a full week, even though it was a short one. theoretically. I mean, it still had the same amount of days, so...

anyways.

important things on my mind. first off, trent started middle school this week, and he seems to be doing quite well. I had scary visions of him crashing and burning, not because I didn't have faith in him, but because I always fear the worst. I'm so glad he's doing well, even if he had to ask his homeroom teacher to assign a new locker to him because the one he had, he couldn't reach into the top area for his books. second, this sunday is the last sunday that sean ever has to work a sunday. his new tuesday - saturday shift starts on the 20th, which means he works on sat the 17th but not sunday the 18th. that first sunday, we're going to go to the insectarium in the northeast. and the following sunday, god willing, we're taking the new rice a roni trolley from nicole's house to the zoo, with the nic-no-arks. so exciting.

and then there's the climate. it's becoming fall, my favorite season. but that's not what I'm referring to - I'm referring to the political climate. I'm sure I would have had this same problem if I were a bigger part of the blogosphere last november, but the tragedy here in the states with hurricane katrina is really shaking people out somewhat on party lines now. like 9/11 and the years following, first we were all worried about the people, then we were all worried about the aid, and now many of us are worried about the blame. who's fault is it? what does race or class have to do with it? who did what wrong? which news coverage do you believe? should dick cheney go fuck himself or not? has he already?

after our love-fest a few weeks ago, I hope that we can all tolerate our differences as they become more and more apparent. because I'm not going to stop talking about my opinion - it's important to me. I want to say right here and now that I respect everyone's opinions, even if I feel completely differently. I hope we can all get along.

9 validations:

Kathryn said...

Oh, Cheney has definately already fucked himself. Several times daily.

NME said...

So glad that Trent is conquering middle school. I remember how scary it was to start Junior High - and I'm not even sure how I survived. In fact I think Junior High sucked the most.

Glad Sean is getting his long awaited shift change. VERY glad I am not expected to go with you to the insectarium. GROSS. I prefer mammals, thank you. And I have been looking forward to going to the zoo for forever.

I second you on the political climate. The funny thing is that since I have had Noah I have neither the time or inclination to argue with people about differences of opinion. I do more sighing and shaking my head in exasperation and then get back to stacking blocks. Don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.

mrs. awesome said...

ukkk....middle school. everyone's hallway from hell--that first walk down the hall in middle school. glad it went okay.

i hope everyone can get along as well. and i really want people to express their opinions, especially if they differ from mine. that's what makes it enjoyable. i agree with you in that some of the last comments were really far from the original points you and i were making. i think people get all riled and then digress, digress, digress. that said, i hope you know that i'm glad you stop by and i love your commenting. :)

Katy said...

One of the great things about our little blogging community is that we're all different and we still like each other. Political views aside, the fact that you're spending you're day at an insectarium (my version of hell) means you and I have different ideas. It should prove interesting though.

lonna said...

I didn't realize that I was so strange, but I loved junior high. It was my favorite time of schooling other than college and grad school. I got to meet new people and not just hang out with the idiots from my old school. I think I was also happy to be in public school. I'm glad that Trent is surviving.

The insectarium sounds fun. Maybe we'll have to take Dermot there sometime when we're out visiting. I'm so glad that you're getting Sean back. It sounds like you guys are going to have so much fun doing family events.

Isn't hjjnu a type of sea vegetable?

Jen O. said...

Ugh. Middle school. Junior high. The worst years of my life, and I think I told you why when I last saw you. But everyone has different experiences and variables that make up those experiences.

I hope you never stop expressing your opinion. I think debate is healthy, and the only way progress can be made. When people say arguing or debating never changes anyone's mind, I have to disagree. I remember very distinctly, in college, feeling one way about Megan's Law. After listening to two people I respect tell me why they think differently than I did, I changed my stance. It happens.

Jen said...

I think we can all respect each other, everyone has always respected me when posting opposing viewpoints on my blog and I respect their opinions as well.

I have to say though, that I really don't like to read about poiltics on blogs. A little is okay, I guess,(I prefer none) but I like blogs that are like a look inside a person's everyday life. Most of the time when I come to a blog with a political theme or even a political post, I just stop reading and move on to another blog. I hear enough about politics in the news and I don't want to read anymore about it. It is like overload, I suppose.

Unknown said...

I am glad that Trent is surviving. Junior High was a lot of fun b/c I was out of elementary school, but a big transition, too! I will be posting about Khrystyna next yr since this is her last yr in elementary school. I think I am more nervous than she is.

I am glad you can finally have quaility family time. I remember the days that Brian or I had to work shifts and weekends and it sucked !!! Oh, shit it still happens sometimes.

I also agree with you on the political changes going on now. I hear them every day all day. I think at times it can get crazy. Sometimes I just keep my mouth shut. On other topics I will debate it b/c I am so passionate. Like Jen O said there are times I will change where I stand listening to them. There are very different view from Enlisted and Officers and then the age difference, and so on. I do love hearing where people stand though. Enough...

Missuz J said...

Glad to hear that Trent may escape middle school without feeling totally fucked up about it.

Lately, I'm a completely irresponsibl--head in the sane--political nonparticipant. I need to start trying to give a shit again, I guess.