6.15.2006

potstickers and falafel

I went out after work to see nicole and mark and lil baby no-no downtown.

sidenote: I am trying to put stuff on my ipod and I really really hate itunes. you can't put it on my ipod because I'm not allowed? I just put in a fucking CD! isn't that what you WANT me to do, only download shit that I OWN?? mother fucker!

anyways. it was great to see them all. noah was so animated and fun. he's so smart - so much retention. he started saying my name constantly - pateece - without being prompted at all. and he has signs for everything, he doesn't just talk. it's amazing. he's so sweet.

nicole and I went out for just a little while (she was afraid noah wasn't feeling well) to johnny brenda's for dinner. I had a little falafel sandwich and some fried (!) potstickers. nicole had a grilled vegetable sandwich that burnt the roof of her mouth. I also, as per usual, had a shirley temple to drink. ah, the hard stuff. it was really good, all of it.

we talked about some of the stuff that's going on with me. I wish I didn't let people down so often. I could tell that she was disappointed in me (sorry nicole) and that felt awful.

anyways, we'll all get through this. and yes, at some point I will be less vague with everyone.

much love to the blogosphere...

5 validations:

Katy said...

I ran into the same iTunes problem yesterday, turns out I had to drag it to my library, let it be uploaded there, and then I could put it on princess penelope. Figuring out the iTunes is proving pretty tricky for me. I can't even manage to check out the music store. Oh well, I'm an iPod newbie.

On a totally non iPod note (rare for me the last couple days) You are your own worst critic. I obviously don't know the whole situation but I've seen a little glimpse into your life and I don't think anyone is as hard on you as you are on yourself. Feel the love honey.

Missuz J said...

Much love right back at ya.

Ah--Falafel.

the beige one said...

You are your own worst critic.

*le vigorous head nodding*

Steph said...

Happy late birthday!

I love Apple, but you're not the only person angry about iTunes stupid "digital rights management" crap.

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/06/09/antiitunes_drm_demon.html

Hopefully they'll cave soon, and stop trying to control every miniscule aspect of what people do with their own music.

Anonymous said...

Obviously I don't know what's going on, but my guess is that you could be a little less hard on yourself about it.

XO
Kat