3.28.2006

bummer

I went on a little vacation to virginia beach. it sucked. I'm back. I took pictures. I will post them shortly, I think. maybe.

I tried to give blood today but was told my iron levels are too low.

fucking MIM.

my bra shrunk when I accidentally put it in the dryer.

work sucks, did you know that? I mean in general. having to work. it sucks.

sorry I'm not more chipper, like, ever. I feel bad because I feel bad. I'm back from vacation and I should not only be witty, but downright CHIPPER at all the free time I had. la la laaa la laaa. I was never one to be good at blowing sunshine up people's asses so I guess most of you aren't surprised.

I'm going to take a deep breath and count to ten and find one positive thing to write.

one
two


three

four
five

siiiix
seven...

...

eight...

nine...

nine and a half....

....

.......

ten.

okay, here it is. I'm happy about not having to be happy all the time. the internet is full of people acting like their shit doesn't stink or that they are happy all the time, so much so that I can't even think of only 2 blogs to link to as examples.

anyway. let's talk about potties for a second instead.

we got bella a potty yesterday. she likes it so far. she likes to open the lid, sit on it, and get up. over and over and over. we let her on it without clothes to try actually peeing or pooping in it, but it was not to be. I just want to get her used to seeing it there, so if she wants to try, it's ready for her. then it isn't quite so scary.

she's been very watchful about what we do in the bathroom. she's been staring at sean's boy parts and she's been pointing to my cooch, which is embarrassing and uncomfortable, but because we don't want her to grow up with body issues and/or shame, we act like it's totally natural. and then quickly cover up.

the other day, she was playing (as she usually does) with a giant box of tampons I got from costco. she likes to take them out of the box and then put them back in. this time, though, she tore one open and took out the tampon itself. and then bent down and put it between her legs. I was....well, it's all I can do to even tell this story now. I was laughing and horrified. of course, I gave the tampon to her once sean was home so she could do the same thing and he was laughing and horrified too.

so. talk of the shitter followed up by talk of the shitter. sorry folks. you'll have to get your happy emoticons from somewhere else today, I'm sad to say.

9 validations:

the beige one said...

Frankly, I prefer real feelings to fake happiness. Thanks for sharing, I'm honored.

(wordver - fehkx, entirely apropos)

OMH said...

I agree with "the beige one" I prefer REAL - It helps to know I'm not the only NON-Pollyanna person in the world!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'd have to agree. And the tampon mimic is freaking hilarious. Who says there is no wit to be had here?

~A~ said...

Damn it woman, didn't you get the freakish glad mama handbook that tells you how to wear that happy go lucky shit eating grin no matter what happens? I did and I would loan it to you but hot piss I used it as toilet paper. So sorry.

And the tampons. I would laugh but it reminded me that I don't use tampons and the girls found my cup ..... yeah, that's not a cute story to tell.

happy *smooches* from me. naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :)

NME said...

It suckity sucks that things are stil suckity sucking. And it sucks that you are feeling so suckity sucky.

Jen O. said...

The tampon story? I laughed so hard I just peed a little. So, you may not be happy, but fuck it! Now I am!

Can you test yourself at home or some other way to find out when your iron is back to a blood-letting level? Are you concerned about it?

lonna said...

I'm sorry that your vacation didn't raise your spirits any. That always seems like such a rip off when that happens. I've been anemic a few times in my adult life and it can definitely affect mood. I don't know if you have had trouble with iron before or not, but I always take iron pills and it helps things. With your IBS troubles you may not want to go that route if you don't have to. Iron is known to slow things down. Some people swear that eating raisins has helped their iron levels, but I find raisins to be quite disgusting. I go the beans and broccoli route myself. Although, usually it's the pills that really make a difference for me.

shawnak said...

I too am glad that you are real and not being all Pollyanna'ish when you aren't feelin' it.

Funny tampon story though. Reminds me of when I was in high school and my baby brother toddled into the room where me and my boyfirend were sitting, with 2 of my pads stuck to his bare chest. I about died!!!! Gotta love those kids!

Missuz J said...

Soph went through a huge "Tee-pom" phase where everytime I went to the bathroom, she'd have to fetch me one, and every time she went, she had to get one out and pretend to put it in. Luckily we're past that.