9.26.2005

weekend update

friday night - date night. 6pm: sean and I have a date to go see the exorcism of emily rose, courtesy of trent's dad brett. 2:30am: I am too afraid to go to sleep.

saturday - we were supposed to go get bella some fall clothes, since the only things we have that fit her are tiny tank tops and little shorts. instead, we take long naps because I was too afraid to sleep the night before. we then go to trent's soccer game. the temperature outside is a pleasant 82 degrees, but that translates into scorching heat of hell when you're on a dry field in the full on sun. trent's team loses because their ref is stupid. sean comes to watch the game after work, can't find us, and then promptly melts in the heat of the sun. he pulls himself together to take bella home while I spend, and I'm serious, $340 at old navy on clothes. I have a bag in my car filled with stuff I have to return because....that's crazy.

saturday night - we watch murder she wrote ALL NIGHT LONG, BABY.

sunday - zoo!! we get to nicole's around 10:30, and we all get on board the magical trolley, which actually feels a lot like a regular bus that doesn't go as fast. but the doors are alot bigger, so that's nice. it's actually pretty roomy in there. I even breastfed bella completely surreptitiously, which was nice.

we pass by the protesters, including the one dressed as a cuddly elephant with a chain on its leg that confused most of the children, and got into the zoo itself. we made it about 4 feet inside before bella insisted on getting out of the stroller, making that completely useless for the many hours we were there. the first exhibit we see...tortoises! they are so big. one is strapped to a cart because I guess it's too heavy to carry itself, or maybe it was cracked...who knows.

but...what's this?

there's a small crowd of giggling people around part of the tortoise area. they're all taking pictures. bella finally focuses on the animals in front of her (because, as nicole said, it's hard to get a baby to notice anything, even a cheetah, that's sitting 20 feet away and NOT MOVING) and I'm happy to report that the very first animals she saw in the zoo were two tortoises fucking.

we did have alot of fun, and saw a ton of animals. trent had a great time, and it was so nice to be with friends AND with sean, all at the same time. all my favorite people were there and that was the best part.

I am happy to report that last night, I only woke up once due to being scared. so I'm making progress.

tomorrow, pictures! I promise.

10 validations:

lonna said...

Somehow tortoise sex sounds like a tortuous event to watch. It seems like it might take a long time, but that's me.

Date night, wow. We haven't had one of those yet. Since we work near each other (like 8 minutes away) we try to have adult lunch once in a while, and we did blow off work for a couple of hours to see March of the Penguins, but that's been it.

I'm glad that you had a good weekend and got to enjoy Sean, Bella, and the Eggerts all at once. How wonderful.

NME said...

I swear we passed those turtles many times in an hour and they were STILL having sex.

I warned you that the trolley was just like a bus - but on tracks. The big sell is that the trolley exterior looks classier and they cause less pollution. Oh, and each trolley is outfitted with its own bee-killing Mayo man.

Kodi said...

Holy Fucking Tortoises! What a great day. I did a little hike for our Jr. Ranger program once with a bunch of little kids, and every frog we came across was doing the nasty.

OMH said...

Okay I guess I'm weird but just HOW FAST do you think tortoise would be able to "DO IT"? It took the poor guy 2 weeks just to make it over to his gal and then another week to mount her! They are not "Wham BAM thank you mam" kind of guys.

HEHEHE - I remember from when I was like 3 or 4 some Giraffe's educating me at OKC zoo - my momma said they were dancing.

Gary Daring said...

murder she wrote?

Stine said...

I really want to see Emily Rose, but I'm afraid I won't sleep either. Is it really that scary?

I keep trying to picture the tortoise sex, and I just can't muster the image.

Marksthespot said...

Re: picturing tortoise sex, thank you Interweb.

Missuz J said...

Feeling strangely, unreasonably jealous about all the fun you guys have together. After all, I don't even know you in real life, and live a billion miles away, but one tiny piece of me is saying, "How could they go to the zoo without me?" Please don't be alarmed. I am not crazy or a stalker.

Katy said...

Well, she might be a little crazy, but we all are. I am actually feeling quite the same. We don't even have a zoo, let alone great friends to zoo with. :(. And the first thing I thought when I read lonna's bit about not going on dates was "I'll babysit!!" May prove as difficult as say tortoises pulling off a quickie.

dasereht said...

Funny. I distinctly remember an evening several years ago on which you, Sean, Vinnie, and I watched The Exorcist on the top floor of your old place. When it was over, I drove home to Ardmore, only to find that my roommate had spent the night at his girlfriend's. So in typical Theresa scaredy-cat fashion, I left on every light in the house. And in typical Murphy's Law fashion, the power went out while I was attempting to read myself to sleep. I finally fell asleep sitting on the bed, leaning against the corner of the wall, flashlight in hand... only to be jolted awake at by a blaring T.V. at 5 a.m. when the power came back on. Ah, memories..