8.23.2005

7 deadly sins

we all pretend we don't really like doing these things where we get to talk about ourselves and show off all of our endearingly quirky quirks, but we love it. admit it.

here's mine, at the bequest of nicole:

7 things I plan to do before I die, which fyi is a tad morbid.

  1. travel overseas
  2. go back to school
  3. become a jogger, if only for a year
  4. join a team sport or choir (to me, they are related. don't ask.)
  5. I'm hesitant to commit to it, but adopt a child
  6. drive across the US
  7. try crack. just kidding. learn to cook, for real.
7 things I can do
  1. blog
  2. lactate
  3. whistle really loudly
  4. play rudimentary songs on any instrument I have ever picked up within minutes
  5. hold my own in a conversation with higher ups
  6. give a mean blow job
  7. change a flat tire and other manly things

7 things I cannot do

  1. remain patient
  2. eat fish
  3. look through a telescope
  4. put my left shoe on first
  5. be photographed well
  6. wear a bikini
  7. keep a secret from everyone (from most people, yes. but not every single person on earth)
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex
  1. sense of humor
  2. intelligence
  3. eyes
  4. um...sense of humor again?
  5. earlobes
  6. uh...
  7. pedigree
7 things that I say most often
  1. totally
  2. like
  3. what?
  4. you know, the thing/thingie
  5. fucker
  6. fuck
  7. what the fuck
7 celebrity crushes

I don't really have any. seriously. if I had to name one, I'd probably say johnny depp, but that's if there were like a gun pointed to my head.

7 people I want to do this, ONLY if you feel like it
  1. jen
  2. kodi
  3. lonna
  4. ethan - ha!! like ethan would do this
  5. jo-dee
  6. sean!!!
  7. kelly
tomorrow: hear about ho-anne and the flat tire...

12 validations:

NME said...

A jogger? Really? That is TOTALLY surprising.

Thing/thingie totally makes me think of you. As does "It has a W in it... and a T."

Katy said...

OK, i did choir because I CAN'T do sports. But whatever. And I do love these talk about me things. I was actually planning on doing a list today but thought that was too self involved.

Kodi said...

I am so impressed that you can pick up an instrument and just play it. That is very cool. I really wish I could whistle loud. I try and try, but only wimpy whistling is produced.

Jen said...

Okay, I'll admit it- this was a fun one. And mine is done!

I wish I could play instruments like that but I am musically retarded.

mrs. awesome said...

i already did it, silly girl.

but i was cracking up at the bj comment. as i was doing my list, p. was standing next to the desk, winking suggestively and saying, "i know something you do well...". so funny that you listed it.

alao, i was the only not-black girl in the black gospel choir in college, and let me tell you, it was some of the most fun i've ever had! you should do it.

lonna said...

Ethan does many versions of the thing/thingie thing. Maybe it's a Perkasie thing. Who knows.

That's great that you can do that with musical instruments. I always have to do everything with a book or a manual. I even read the instructions with Dermot's toys before I give them to him.

My verification word is sexty! How fitting for a comment to you.

Kathryn said...

I totally have to put my left shoe on first.

dasereht said...

When you decide to start jogging, call me if you want a partner.

I mean it.

Totally.

Missuz J said...

I hate it when I miss a day commenting because then everyone beats me to saying the good stuff. Also, once I read your list, and then come to comment, I can't fucking remeber anything except for the bj and johnny dep and adoption. So--a comment about nothing at all, from me to you, because although I'm a complete spaz today, I still read your blog and thought it and you were cool.

NME said...

Tomorrow my butt.

A Man without a Band said...

I can't wear a bikini, either.

And don't give up on that "crack" dream.

Seriously, though, I dig your list. I was just saying to someone how the interesting thing about this particular "tagging" is to see the things others want to do that I already have and the things they can do that I can't (lactating for example. there are others, but that was the first one to pop in my head).

hope all is well and you got yourself some hot springs.

oh yeah, the pool sounded great.

(my word...vdlw... isn't that interesting, but I've seen a few with seeming meaning)

lonna said...

I need to hear about Ho-Anne. The suspense is killing me.

This message was brought to you by the nonsense word vdbbtqwr.