6.20.2005

ye of little faith

another hair cut tonight. the plan is - just a trim. but I totally need new color. I did this stupid "color pulse" thingie that washes out in 8 - 10 shampoos and it really took alot of the original permanent red out of my hair and now it's just...blah. I don't know if I'll ever make the leap to getting it done professionally. who knows.

anyway, poor sean. know how we spent the few hours we have together on sundays yesterday, father's day? we ordered in cheesesteaks because I was too tired to get ready to go out. bella was EXTREMELY constipated (which is rare for her) and grouchy, and I had tried to rearrange our bedroom and be done by the time sean got home. well, needless to say, it didn't happen, and when sean got home, I was still in basically pajamas, bella was wearing only a onesie, the bedroom was completely torn apart, and the rest of the house was in shambles. so I asked if he really wanted to go out, and being the nice guy he is, he said we could just stay in. and then he wanted to catch up on six feet under since we missed last week's episode because I was away, and now we're going to be really behind because I'm getting my haircut tonight. so his father's day was bogus, because we didn't watch 6fu; rather, I finished rearranging the bedroom. to my credit, it looks DAMN good. before, it was just a room with a bunch of furniture lying around, and now it looks like a room with a bunch of furniture LAYING around.

actually, bella was all confused when I went to take her to bed - all "this isn't the same room at all, I shall now register my discontent by screaming and going rigid." I swear, this kid could get a job as a railroad spike if she wanted to - it's impossible to bend her when she's standing stick straight. like when she's resisting the high chair or the carseat or just sitting on the floor.

anyways, fit's hitting the shan here at unnamed place of employment and people are dropping like flies, so I've been laying low. or lying low. whichever. more tomorrow, when I log in to tell you all that in a fit of desperation for something new and exciting, I decided to cut off all my hair. actually, that's not a bad idea since a) that's the only way I can ever get out of dying my 90% gray hair ever again, and b) I saw a picture of myself from vegas and man. you know when you think you look pretty good and then you see yourself later and you realize that your mirror has conspired against you to make you look okay when you leave the house when you really look like shit? yeah. that's me.

I just want things to turn around and have dry, frizzy, flat-toned hair be en vogue, along with next season's hottest accessory - the double chin. everyone's wearing it!

8 validations:

Kathryn said...

Last year when my hair was BLONDE I thought it looked so hot. When I see pictures now I'm frightened. (dark brown naturally=scary bleach blonde) Good luck with the trim, and enjoy having someone else wash your hair. That's always the best part!

Missuz J said...

Hmmm. Every picture I've ever seen of you on your post assures me that you are a very lovely gal with no double chin and great hair. Repeat after me "I feel pretty! I feel pretty!"

MC said...

I also think you are pretty, unless you wear a mask in all your pictures...

I am getting my hair cut off soon...and I can't wait! I am going for a breezy, flippy-when-I-want-it-to-be, choppy bob. And when I have a real job someday, I just might get it dyed professionally again too!

Kodi said...

I feel you with the hair frustration. I'm too cheap to go to the salon, and not talented in the do-it-yourself department. I have a friend who does hair, and on occasion she makes me look fabulous for one night. Then I wash it, and it looks like crap all over again.

Katy said...

My hair chick is also one of my best friends so I'd just get bored and go get a deep condition, or a trim, or a dye it...again, my nieces and nephews would freak out every time they saw me cuz I wasn't the same person but I have now found a happy place. Short is good. Unfortunately to keep it short you have to keep cutting it which costs money. Good luck on the job thingy too, but try not to lay to low, lest your peers think you're being bitchy, happened to me!!

dasereht said...

Yeah, Patrice, I'd have to say you're kind of full of shit on this one. Despite your constant frustration with your hair (to which I can totally relate), it always looks good, hip even.

And the alleged double chin? I believe that's called a neck. We all have them. They're nice.

dasereht said...

P.S. I really have no room to talk when it comes to hair self-hate; I started taking these in a desparate attempt to make my mine grow. They smell like goldfish food.

NME said...

I can't wait to see the new bedroom configuration. And the new cut.

And I desperarely want to get my hair dyed professionally - especially since it is currently three different colors.